- 1 Mẫu câu ví dụ về thì quá khứ đơn:
- 2 Cấu trúc của thì quá khứ đơn:
Mẫu câu ví dụ về thì quá khứ đơn:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian musician and composer. He lived from 1756 to 1791. He started composing at the age of five and wrote more than 600 pieces of music.
He was only 35 years oLd when he died.
=> Xem đoạn văn bên trên kể về quá khứ của ông Mozart.
=> Liệt kệ động từ trong đoạn văn Lived/started/wrote/was/died (Tất cả động từ này được liệt kê này là dạng thì quá khứ đơn.)
Cấu trúc của thì quá khứ đơn:
# Verb -ed (động từ thêm -ed)
# Verb irregular (cột 2 của động từ bất quy tắc )
# Verb + did/did not (động từ nguyên mẫu khi dùng trợ từ did)
[Verb -ed] Quá khứ đơn thêm cuối động từ -ed (regular verbs):
- I work in a travel agency now. Before that I worked in a department store.
- We invited them to our party, but they decided not to come.
- The police stopped me on my way home last night.
- Laura passed her exam because she studied very hard.
For spelling (stopped, studied …)
[Verb irregular] Quá khứ dùng cột 2 trong động từ bất quy tắt (thì không thêm -ed)
|write —> wrote||Mozart wrote more than 600 pieces of music,|
|see —> saw||We saw Tina in town a few days ago.|
|go —> went||I went to the cinema three times last week,|
|shut —> shut||It was cold, so I shut the window.|
[Verb + did/did not] Dùng trong câu hỏi và câu phủ định did/didn’t + Động từ nguyên mẫu (enjoy/see/go …):
|did not||enjoy ?|
- a: Did you go out last night?
b: Yes, I went to the cinema, but I didn’t enjoy the film much.
- ‘When did MrThomas die?’ ‘About ten years ago.’
- They didn’t invite us to the party, so we didn’t go.
- ‘Did you have time to do the shopping?’ ’No, I didn’t.’
In the following examples, do is the main verb in the sentence (did … do / didn’t do):
- What did you do at the weekend? (not What did you at the weekend?)
- I didn’t do anything. (not I didn’t anything)
The past of be (am/is/are) is was/were:
Note that we do not use did in negatives and questions with was/were:
- I was angry because they were late.
- Was the weather good when you were on holiday?
- They weren’t able to come because they were so busy.
- Did you go out last night or were you too tired?